Hosted VoIP providers offer small companies the best business phone
system. It's all in the cloud.
An Internet Business Phone System, hosted VoIP, is a PBX phone system
that connects through the cloud. VoIP services use software, so
there is usually no hardware to purchase, install or maintain other than IP
phones. VoIP systems have become as reliable as PBX systems
and are quick to setup and receive calls directly from the VoIP service
provider over an Internet connection.
The Hosted VoIP provider
handles all the features for the system and offers support to help with any
setup configurations or technical issues. Features, such as call
forwarding, find me follow me, forwarding calls to a cell phone, or setting up an
auto attendant can easily be set through a web based admin control panel by the user.
Inside this web based administration panel the user can see details of their calls
and make changes from anywhere in the world.
Expanding business phone lines or services is quick and easy; just log into your account and choose
what additional services you want ( a toll free number, an extra line, etc.) and
then with the click of a mouse they are there. (There will be no need to wait days
or weeks like with traditional phone service.)
Hosted business VoIP; the best phone
system for most companies
Hosted VoIP offers businesses the freedom to have their phone system in
the cloud and with that freedom comes features, ease of use, and the very
best price. Take a minute and complete a few questions below and
receive quotes that you can compare fro the best deal:
Hosted VoIP or cloud based phone service began using open source Asterisk
PBX software. It enabled providers to create a platform without starting
from scratch. The end result was lower costs.
Advantages of hosted VoIP (Cloud based Phone Service).
The advantages of business VoIP phone service are numerous and include:
- VoIP saves money over traditional phone service and can be as much as
- Low cost Long Distance calls and International Calls. Some plans include unlimited calls for one
- Numerous features, including attendants, extension dialing, voicemail, voicemail to email,
- Help and support from the provider.
- There is no need to buy or maintain expensive PBX hardware, the
provider maintains the system.
- Get only enough IP phones and lines as needed. There is no need to commit to more than you actually
need as its easy to add services later.
Cloud based Business Phone System Features Explained
Features make a cloud based PBX phone system an
excellent business choice. All business VoIP providers offer numerous
advanced features and have plans for one monthly cost per user or line. Some
typical features include:
- Work together from anywhere -Unified communications that include your business phone system,
Omni-channel ways to engage and video.
- Mobility with smartphone apps - Make and receive your
calls using any device. Use your smartphone to connect right up.
- Administration Control Panel - A web based interface where your system can be configured, user
and account information administered, and call detail logs be viewed. An administration control panel that is
intuitive and user friendly goes a long way in making a complete system.
- Attendant - The attendant answers incoming calls with a custom greeting and is the first voice
heard by your customers. From there callers can choose options for such things as departments, people,
extensions or even prerecorded messages depending on how you choose to set it up. An attendant eliminates the
need for full time receptionist and help make the smallest business big and professional.
- Extensions - Having multiple extensions allows incoming calls to be routed to either people, message
extensions, or even mailbox only extensions. Virtual extensions are extensions that may not have a physical
phone connected to them but still are able to take calls. One example would be an extension where callers get
to listen to a specialized pre-recorded message. Calls made between extensions, even ones located at remote
sites are typically no charge calls which add to large savings for many businesses.
- Follow Me - Sometimes referred to as Find me - Follow me, is where a phone call uses a list of
numbers to try so that you never miss a call. Some VoIP systems are so sophisticated that when you're at your
office desk calls will automatically route there and when you leave will automatically be forwarded to your cell
- Inbound Faxing - Faxes can be received by the hosted PBX system and then sent to the user via email,
usually as a PDF attachment. The server automatically detects the inbound fax. Your phone number also
becomes your fax number.
- Call Recording - Recording calls can be done with the click of a mouse. Once recorded these
messages are stored with specific details for later retrieval.
- Music or Message on Hold - MOH offers professionalism and fills in the silence many callers dislike.
Using a professional service for your recordings can make your messages stand out and deliver new business.
- Conference - A built in conference feature allows users to join in on a conference call any time
without the hassle of having to make specific arrangements in advance.
- Call Scheduling - Also referred to as time based routing, call scheduling allows you to set specific
call routing rules for certain times, whether that is weekends, nights or holidays.
- Call Queue - Allowing calls to wait for an available agent, a call queue is a like a phone waiting
room. Announcements can usually be set to tell a caller their position or wait time.
Business VoIP Features do make a difference and improve productivity.
There are some features that practically everyone wants (and will use) and
then there are some features that are
only of special importance to specific businesses. Prospective users
usually know how they want
their phone service to operate, but are not sure of the terminology for
specific features. To see some of what can be done with VoIP for real estate professionals
or on the road salespeople, this article will show you:
VoIP for Real Estate Professionals